Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I tell if my 1967 Leaf Star Trek cards are Original or Reprint?

I have a complete set of 1967 Leaf Star Trek cards. Most of them are in bad condition. I bought them in a lot sale. I would like to put them on ebay. How do I tell the Reprints and originals apart from each other?How do I tell if my 1967 Leaf Star Trek cards are Original or Reprint?The authorized reprints are clearly marked on the backs, '1981 Reprint'. Unauthorized (counterfeit) cards look exactly like the originals but don't use the same exact cardboard stock and inks, which is why they are often intentionally aged (mutilated, stained etc) to make them look old and hide the production differences. Chances are you've got the real thing, but under eBay rules, if you are not 100% sure, you are supposed to list them as reprints.How do I tell if my 1967 Leaf Star Trek cards are Original or Reprint?There are two reprint sets that I know of. The 1981 reprint set is clearly marked and not an issue. The second set is what is called the "European reprint set." This set has blurry pictures and is printed on solid white card stock. The originals have a gray middle, flat white back and glossy front.

Report Abuse

  • word twist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment